Frequently Asked Questions On The Child Benefits Schedule
What Is The Child Dental Benefits Schedule?
The Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) commenced on 1 January 2014. It aims to provide access to benefits for basic dental services to children aged 2-17 years.
What Is The Eligibility?
- Your child must be aged between 2–17 years
- receive, or their family, guardian or carer receives, certain government benefits such as Family Tax Benefit Part A for at least part of the calendar year
- Have a Medicare card
- You can confirm your child’s eligibility and balance amount by accessing your Medicare online account at myGov or calling the Medicare general inquiries line on 132 011.
What Is Covered?
- Check-ups, x-rays, cleaning, fissure sealing, fillings, root canals and extractions.
- Benefits are not available for orthodontic or cosmetic dental work
How Do I Claim The Benefits?
Simply book an appointment with us and let us know you’re eligible for the Child Dental Benefit Schedule. After you appointment we will bulk bill which means there is no out of pocket expenses or up front fees!
Book An Appointment Online Today!
We strive to achieve the best results and expectations with our professional team to create your beautiful smile.